Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 10 of 2012

2012 has been an outstanding year for movies. Three highly anticipated entries in established film franchises all lived up to the hype, with Batman, Lord of the Rings, and James Bond rounding out my top three. Quentin Tarantino returned to his Pulp Fiction form with Django Unchained, his first foray into the Western. Two extremely well made sci-fi entries made my list, along  with The Avengers which was about as sci-fi as a superhero movie can be. I didn't make it to the theater as much as I would have liked, as post-college life has its responsibilities, but I still got to see a lot of great movies. There might be a few more I haven't seen that would crack my top 10, but this current list is pretty solid. After a lackluster 2011, Hollywood has struck back in 2012 both in terms of quality and box office performance. Enjoy my top 10 for 2012!





1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
3. Skyfall
4. Django Unchained
5. Looper
6. Argo
7.  Prometheus
8. Silver Linings Playbook
9. Zero Dark Thirty
10. The Avengers

Honorable Mentions: 21 Jump Street, Pitch Perfect, The Hunger Games, The Bourne Legacy,  Moonrise Kingdom, Wreck-It Ralph

EDIT: Silver Linings Playbook moves in to the number 8 spot, Zero Dark Thirty at number 9. Had to edit the list after catching up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment